Plastic Processing Technology
› Home › Plastic Information › Plastic Processing Technology
Plastic processing technology consists of those factors that affect the outcome in the plastic processing procedures. Plastic processing is the method of transforming the plastic material and/or plastic waste into useful products like toys, bottles, stationery etc. There exists a large array of different processes and techniques used for processing the plastic. Some of them are injection, compression, extrusion or polystyrene expansion etc.
There exist a large array of machines and/or equipments that are used in the plastic processing technology. Some of those are autoclaves, blow molding machines, die cutting machines, extruding machines, injection molding equipment, mold cleaning equipment, plastic compounding equipment, plastic cutters, plastic cutting machines, plastic mold heaters, plastic shredders, spin casting equipment and thermoforming machines.
Few machines\equipments used in plastic processing technology
- Blow Molding Machines are used for making products like bottles, containers, packaging items, automotive parts etc.
- Plastic Injection Molding Machines have been widely used to manufacture a variety of plastic products. Usually plastic injection molding machines are used to manufacture disposable razors, automotive engine components etc.
- Thermo Formers or Vacuum Formers have been extensively used for the manufacturing of products like plastic cups, bed liners, plastic plates, plastics covering, plastic trays, plastics bed pans, plastic bathroom products, plastic containers etc.
- Trim Presses have been immensely used in various applications i.e. for making plastic products.
- Plastic Extrusion Machines or Plastic Extruders are generally prevalent in the manufacturing of products like plastic hoses, plastic sheet, plastic tubing, plastic tape, medical tubing, PVC pipe, plastic straws, flexible tubing, rubber tubing, plastic bags and many more.
- Plastic Granulators are specially used to cut & shred plastics. Its example being recycling plastic, recycle plastic parts, plastic regrind, plastic size reduction, etc.
Plastic processing technology also includes the basic supplies and raw materials that are used in the processing techniques of plastic. Few of the raw materials are defoaming agents, surface active agents, colorants & pigments, plastic chemicals, plastic granules, plastic adhesives, plastic resins and plastic additives.